Healthy beginnings are important to us at VNA Homecare. That’s why we provide comprehensive home care services to expectant mothers in central NY Healthy beginnings are important to us at VNA Homecare. That’s why we provide comprehensive home care services to expectant mothers in the Syracuse NY area. suffering from high-risk factors, post-pregnancy care and pediatric services – all where you want it most – at home.
For expectant mothers, VNA Homecare offers high-risk prenatal care for the following:
- Complications in pregnancy, such as: gestational diabetes; hypertension disorders; pre-term labor; hyperemesis; and multigestational bleeding.
- Health disorders and complicated pregnancies, including: diabetes; cardiac disease; renal disease; HIV; connective tissue disorder; and neuromuscular diseases.
- Intravenous therapy.
After-pregnancy care is offered for mothers with high-risk postpartum conditions, such as:
- Breastfeeding complications
- Hemorrhagic concern
- Postpartum diabetic assessment
- Postpartum depression
- Wound infections
Additionally, VNA Homecare offers the Short Stay Program, which provides a bridge for new mothers between the hospital, home and the physician, and includes a home visit shortly after discharge, assessment and recommendations. We also offer the services of a certified lactation counselor, who provides breastfeeding assistance, support and education. This specialist can also help resolve common breastfeeding problems.
To learn more about how VNA Homecare can assist you, please call us at 315-477-HOME (TTY/TDD: 711).
VNA Homecare provides a broad spectrum of services primarily to individuals and families in Onondaga County, with a smaller portion of our programming available to those living in Cayuga, Chenango, Cortland, Jefferson, Madison, Oneida, Oswego and Tompkins Counties as well.
- Care Transitions
- Home Health Aides
- Home Infusion Therapy
- Managed Long Term Care (MLTC) Plan
- Maternal-Child Health
- Medication Management
- Occupational Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Physical Therapy
- Post-Surgical Care
- PRI (Patient Review Instrument) Assessment
- Social Work
- Speech Language Pathology
- Telehome Care Monitoring
- Wound Care